Met up in real life (IRL) with the rest of the WordPress.com leadership team at Santa Catalina Island this past week. It was great to get together for planning, discussion, and some fun.
- Dave Martin (CEO)
- Monica Ohara (CMO)
- Mary Hubbard (CXO)
- Claire Song (CFO)
- Tim Thyne (VP Sales)
- Yael Rubenstein (VP, Mobile Products)
- Joel Williams (Sr. Director of CX)
- Michael Cain (VP Engineering)
Here are some pictures and videos from the trip.
Random things about Santa Catalina Island:
- The Wigley family pretty much owns the island. In 1919, William Wrigley, Jr.—yeah, Wrigley’s gum—purchased the Island. The Catalina Island Conservancy is still owned by members of his family.
- The bison on the island were brought in by a film maker who wanted to film westerns.
- The bars have a drink called “Buffalo Milk”. It’s not actual buffalo milk.
- Folks get around by golf cart, thought there are a few cars here.
- There’s a ~32 year wait to get a car permit.