I missed last week’s notes—the fourth of July weekend—combining that, and this past week’s.
This is a weekly ritual I’ll be trying out on my blog. It’s something I do internally at Automattic to recap my week, and share key happening across the division, and company with the team. I hadn’t considered doing it on my blog till seeing Dan Mall’s weekly notes, Jason Fried’s see something, hear something, saw something posts, and David Perrell’s Friday finds. I’ll be blending things a bit to find the right flavor for myself.
- Many, many meetings.
- Interviews for design roles (we’re hiring!)
- Design team syncs, working sessions, 1:1s, etc
- Working with illustrator on trial project
- Coworking with Dave Martin, and Mary Hubbard about product
- Connect with Monica Ohara, and Justin Vanning about marketing
- Multiple chats with Ollie Rozdarz
- Family in town for the 4th
- Went to Anthony Hamilton concert with wife, and friends
- Replacing temporary shades with blinds in master.
- Ordered Laptop Monitor Mount Stand with Keyboard Tray after seeing Building The Ultimate Streaming Setup
- Been tracking sleep, cardio, and other things since getting the Garmin watch. Learning I sleep about 6-7 hours a night.
Had movie + pizza night while family was in town. We watched the first two movies of Fear Street. great movie.
This was another great show on Netflix, watched while getting some house stuff done